Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ombre embossing....What's that?

Well, I didn't know what "Ombre embossing" was until todays lesson at Summer Card Camp 2.

Perhaps the best way is to show you. Take a look at the sentiment on my card. Here I have mixed 3 different colours of embossing powder. The look would be better if it were 3 shades of the same colour. BUT I didn't have that so I just tried it by mixing black, gold and silver. Thats Ombre!


It actually looks kind of cool. The card gets a more masculine look with this.

For stamping of the dots, rings and cat eye I have used lids from different things I had on my craft desk. This was a trick shown by Jennifer McGuire the other day in class. Use whatever you have to make stamping with. Almost anything can be used.


With this card I am participating in CASology's Challenge with the Cue Card
"COOL"
and
in CAS-ual Fridays Challenge with the theme
"Polka Dots"

 Supplies used:

11 comments:

  1. SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOOVE this technique!!!!!!!;) (Couldn't do it myself, I need to get some more colors of Embossing Powders!) :) LOOOOOOOVE the "Spirograph" looking image you've come up with!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card and what a great technique. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cool. I love your used of the metallic embossing powders. Great job on the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done creating that ombre look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ser super cool ud - super sjov ide.
    Knuz
    Ea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool technique! I have seen Ambers video and loved her result, but felt too intimidated to try it myself! *lol*
    I *LOVE* your attempt on this technique! Well done!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used that technique before and the results always get a 'how did you do that' comment, even from veteran stampers who know how to emboss! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sej teknik, som jeg har prøvet et par gange, men jeg anede ikke hvad det blev kaldt, men nu gør jeg LOL:

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun background you made with your ink lids!! And the embossing is a nice touch. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ombre sentiment is definitely cool! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!