Sunday 13 April 2014

Pumping Heart 'cause I Miss You

This Sunday has been amazing eventhough we had a few short showers. But I have been gardening today for the first time this year. Had my father pop by to give our lawn tractor a pep talk and in return he got lunch served. Mother-in-law had given us some spring flowers yesterday, so they had to be planted, the lawn was moved (after my father left) and weeds have been taken care off (for now - the little bastards keeps coming back!).
So without any guilt I could spend some time at the craft desk this afternoon. And this is the card I made (among others) :o) Based on a sketch from Hero Artws (#3).

First I have stamped the heart using generation stamping. It can in some cases also be called shadow stamping but they way I have done it, it looks as if the heart pumps or flutters.

The background is created using two border stamps from Mama Elephant. I have kept it rather simple (as always) and chosen only basic colours black, grey and red.

The last touch to the card are a few of my homemade enamel dots in red. You can find a tutorial for it here on my blog.



With my card I am participing in the following challenges:



That might be all for today. You never know ;o)
Pia xx 

 Supplies used:

10 comments:

  1. Rigtig flot og enkelt kort Pia. Fed effekt med den shadowstamping, det ser rigtig godt ud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Pia!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Pia......great throbbing heart! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That heart is freaking amazing and I love, love the zigzags. Perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us over at a Blog Named Hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pia what a super card! Don't be afraid to leave some white space to showcase your design...
    Thank you for playing along this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the multiple stamping of the heart! Thanks for sharing your card in our "Create a Background" challenge at A Blog Named Hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous pitter-patter heart, Pia ... love those splashes of colour against the neutral background! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pia. Awesome card ... love the white, gray, black and red - classic color combo. Your chevron dotted background is so fun and I love the way you've stamped the heart so that it's "pumping" :) Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!