I don't participate in a lot of paper crafting conventions, but I truly do love it when I do.
Main reason is basically my job, where it isn't always easy to take extra time off to go away for a whole weekend. But when I do it is an awesome, bewildering, exciting and perhaps expensive experience :)
To be honest, I only started attending conventions two years ago 'cause a won a ticket. Yep, I was so frekking lucky to win a seat for the Scrap-A-Mania convention two years ago through The Danish Operation Write Home blog.
The first time I went as participating paper crafter at Scrap-A-Mania (also known as SAM) I hardly got anything crafty done. And that is more or less the case since then 'cause there are sooooo much you need to do.
- Catching up with crafty friends whom you only see through social media and blog land.
- Looking at all the fabulous new goodies in the participating stores.
- Getting an overview of the best deals to be made....this can actually be quite time consuming and a bit of a jungle ;)
- Keeping an overview of your wishlist....which has a tendency to keep getting longer and longer as the weekend goes.
- Just sitting at your seat looking at your new purchases dreaming of all the wonderful projects to be made with them.
- Walking through the rows to spot interesting projects which other participants are making.....those who actually gets something done! Myself not always included ;)
Be sure to bring the BIG vallet 'cause if you think you can walk in through those doors and NOT buy anything at all, then you are totally and utterly BONKERS! ;)
Now if you by some insane reason actually want to spend money, then you can visit
Scrap-A-Mania in Roskilde Kongres- og Idrætscenter, Denmark.
Pssst....there is free parking.
This years fall SAM convention takes place
Saturday November 14th to Sunday November 15th 2015.