Saturday 22 June 2013

Congrats! Wedding card with gold embossed butterfly

Here I am again with yet another "I am on a Mission" card.

Yes, that's right! I am on a mission these days! Using up a very, very old 8x8 scrapbooking set from SEI in pastel colours.

For previous "I am on a Mission" cards see HEREHERE and HERE. A while back I even made a Birthday Card Gift Set.

This is the fourth card....


A few weeks ago I got the new Big Shot and with it came an embossing folder called "China". This is my first card using this embossing folder and I really like it.

I have gold heat embossed the sentiment and the butterfly. The butterfly is from Martha Stewart - such a beautiful "Monarch" butterfly.

Now, some of you might wonder how I heat embossed the butterfly. Normally we heat emboss stamped images or stamped sentiments. But this butterfly is a punch - not a stamp!

I punched out the butterfly and laid it on a piece of scrap paper. Then I took my VersaMark stamp pad and dapped the butterfly making sure it was completely covered in VersaMark.
Now it is ready to be poured with the gold embossing powder. As always make sure to ligtly tap the paper to remove excess embossing powder and thereafter heat set the powder. And that's that!
It looks soooo pretty in gold :o)



Supplies used:


2 comments:

  1. Rigtig flot kort og superfin embossing. Det står klart og tydeligt og uden alle de små partikler der kan risikere at forstyrre min ordenssans !
    (Jeg bruger en lille puderpude)
    Din guldsommerfugl er bare SÅ flot.
    Måske man skulle overvinde sin dovenskab og vådembosse lidt mere. hihi.
    God weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!