Tuesday 26 February 2013

Easter is coming up!

Hi all,

Easter time is coming up before we know it and I have already started to prepare. With inspiration from a Norwegian lady called Randi, I've created two Easter picnic gift basket and filled them with candy and chokolate.

Randi is a master of creating gift boxes and baskets. If you are curious, you should definitely check out RANDI'S LILLE BLOGG.

She has also made a tutorial for the gift basket, I've used the one with the "gelatine" window. Click HERE to see her tutorial.

Back of the box....










This one is my favorite Easter gift basket - filled with candy. A popular gift for everyone with a sweet tooth.



The best thing about this gift basket is that the lid can be opened and has a window. In the tutorial the gift basket is made so it can be opened from both sides. I've only made it possible to open from the side with the gelatine window. The lock is made with magnets. On this box the magnet is hidden behind the little orange flower.  

Front of the box....




The wonderful thing about decorating such a gift box is that you've got the opportunity to use some of your left overs. On this box the green leaves are made from left overs as well as some of the flowers.

The flowers are made out of 3 pieces of Flower Punches , 2 big ones and one small. I have curled the flower peatles of the two large flowers backwards and on the little flower I've curled the peatles forward. This to give the flower some 3D dimension.

In the big photo you can clearly see the gelatine window. Also the window frame is decorated with dots of Ranger Glossy Accents. The window is cut out using Sizzix Framelits Fancy Labels.

For the butterfly I used Martha Stewart's Monarch Butterfly punch.

Thanks for joining in and I hope I've given you some inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!