Saturday 19 October 2013

It's Raining Eyelets Card

 
Todays card is actually inspired by the Moxie Fab World challenge "The Color Media Challenge". For quite a while I have been playing in my head with different ideas of how to use some of my old eyelets. I bought them years back when I made LO's and just haven't really used them since. For some reason I just don't reach for them when I am making cards.
 
Todays card was really fun to make and very simple. It does take a lot of work due to all the eyelets, but it is totally worth it!
 
 
It made sense to make this a two layer card due to the not so pretty backside when using eyelets. Also it made it possible to create the "Hello", which I on purpose has kept all in white. I wanted the raining eyelets to "pop" and be the main focus on the card.
 
First I had to find out how many eyelets I had of each colour. I ended up with 6 colours which created a perfect rainbow look. Then I measured the card front to make 6 vertical lines and added pencil dots with help of a ruler.
 
Next step was to make all the holes for the eyelets. That was the most tricky part. I only have a Silent Setter from ProvoCrafts and the cutting tool seems to be dull. Therefore, not every hole were a perfect cut and a couple of them even shifted off line....tough luck!
 
 
The "Hello" is cut with a Memory Box alphabet. These letters are a perfect size for cards. I decided not to add any coloured card stock behind the letters. As you know it was because I wanted to keep focus on the raining rainbow eyelets.
 
With this card I am participating in Moxie Fab Worlds challenges:
and
 
 
That's it for now. Thanks for taking a peek today :)
Pia xx
 


Supplies used:

8 comments:

  1. Flot kreativ måde at bruge Eyelets på!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det var da en smadder god måde at få brugt en masse rester op på. Den må jeg da lige huske.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super skønt kort - så får man næsten lyst til at finde alle sine eyelets frem igen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tænk at nogle rækker med eyelets kan blive så flot - en fantastisk god måde.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hvor er du altså bare kreativ. Det er bare SÅ flot og spændende - og så er du nøjagtig om omhyggelig. Det kan jeg jo godt lide.....
    God søndag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pia! Thanks for linking this up to the General Craft Supplies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Pia! Thanks also for linking this up to the Color Media Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!