Saturday 15 March 2014

Iron off embossing

I am still doing the class Clean & Simple 3 with OnlineCardClasses.
 
And today I wanted to try out the technique "Iron off Embossing". I have tried it once before in one of the previous Clean & Simple classes.
 
Here is how my card ended out.....not quite what I intended.
 
 
I expected all off the versamark ink to go away when ironing off the clear embossing powder. But it turned out that the versamark had left behind the watermark impression on the white paper. That was not what I intended!
 
But nevertheless the card is quite satisfying. I had though hoped for more sharp lines from the Promarker pens.

 
I also found out that it is impossible to use normal or Staz-on ink on top of the watermark ink. In the end I had to heat emboss the sentiment also.
 
That is all for now.
Pia xx


Supplies used:

9 comments:

  1. Looks really great - I would say this is a really happy accident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic effect this technique gives - the result is simply stunning. Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really looks wonderful, I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Det er et kanon flot kort, du har lavet. Lækre farver :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous!! I love your take on this challenge!! Aren't happy accidents fun?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!