Tuesday 22 September 2015

OCC Day 2 - Traditional water colouring

Day 2 at Online Card Classes "Watercolour - Exploring Mediums".

I will be the first to admit that today was very challenging. Water Colouring in kind of free hand doesn't come easy to me and yet that is what I more or less tried out today. 

I am very happy with the butterfly but not quite as satisfied with the flower... especially the stem of the flower was difficult for me. 

A while back my mother gave me her old water colouring materials which included a totally unused set of water colour tubes in 12 different colours. These are the ones I have used today...first time ever trying out such a medium. 


This card was rather time consuming but it basically comes down to my inexperience with true water colouring techniques.





Have a wonderful evening :)

Pia xx


Supplies used: 

8 comments:

  1. OMG! That is awesome!
    Absolutely love your watercoloring. Both butterfly and flowers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous water coloring, Pia...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done. I love the brightness of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Syntes du er sluppet rigtig godt fra det! Det er blevet flot. Det var præcis pga. sådanne frihånds opgaver at jeg valgte dette kursus fra for det er ikke lige mig ;) Men spændende ser det ud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gasp! Pia, this is so stunning!! What a gorgeous card, and I find it hard to believe you haven't used this medium before - you're a pro at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love the variation in colors from the water!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!