Friday 22 March 2013

Pattern Play - Day 3 - Card no.2

We all know it is Friday today - Last day of class. I've made a deal with the Mr. here at home, so I've got all evening to make cards (homework) :o)

This is my second card for Day 3 in the....


This time I wanted to try out using bold pattern for accent. It was shown by one of the guest teachers in class.

For this I'm using the negative space of a die, which also was a trick taught in class. I got this new stamp & die set from Simon Says Stamp. It is the "Fit to be Square" and I just love it! Just imagine the possibilities with the set!


The center die cut square is filled out using a background stamp. The ink used is Hero Arts Shadow Ink "Soft Pool". Just love those Shadow Ink colours from Hero Arts!

For embellishment I've used clear gemstones and glossy accents. Trying to keep it as simple as possible.

I've stamped the sentiment with Hero Arts Shadow Ink "Charcoal" as I didn't wanted to use black. The reason is that I wanted to stay with the tones in the striped paper.


With this card I'm participating in CASology's Week Challenge. This week the Cue Card is...."SONG". Alright, I know it is a bit tacky, but I really do love a good Happy Birthday song....let's face it...who doesn't! 'Cause there usually follows presents :o)


And I'm also participating in A Blog Named Hero's challenge. This weeks theme is...


Supplies:




Have a GREAT Friday evening :o)



6 comments:

  1. I thought you got the song title wrong and meant "Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis (it's an oldy!) but Happy Birthday is a perfectly good song! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun squares on your card, great new die. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASolgy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You totally covered two songs in one card now that I've read Ardyth's comment! :) Way to go!
    Love those fabulous squares and how you decorated them with the fun patterns! The little trio of gemstones is a nice touch too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous use of patterned papers and I love the look of the Charcoal ink. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your papers. Such gorgeous colors and patterns. Your layout is perfection. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pattern combination, and that die is awesome! Love how you used it! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!