Wednesday 3 July 2013

Hello Handsome.....with an IKEA star!

Who would have thought that packing from some IKEA CD boxes would end up as card embellishment. Well, I didn't! But nevertheless it did happen....LOL.

I am a big fan of IKEA boxes and have quite a few of them. The other day I needed a couple extra boxes so I unpacked a set. And what do you know....there is an extra piece used to stabilize the packing. Endless possibilities emerged in my head.....especially using the Big Shot and Sizzix dies.

So this is how the black IKEA star came to life...LOL.

Here is my card:


The text background is stamped using masking technique.
The fishtail pattern paper is made by stamping a Simon Says Stamp border stamp with two different blue colours.
The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Here I have heat embossed it, which gives it a little extra dimension.

And then of course the black IKEA star adhered with 3D.


With this card I am participating in Color Throwdown's Challenge,
and
in Mojo Monday's sketch Challenge,
and
in Sweet Stampin' Challenge with the theme "Not Cute",
and
in Simon Says Stamp's Challenge with the theme "Patriotic",
and
in A Blog Named Hero's Challenge with the theme "Fave Stamp".




Supplies used:

6 comments:

  1. fabulous card, Pia! thanks for linking up over at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card.
    My Hubby gets annoyed at me for keeping random bits like that but you prove it's worth it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card! Love it! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design Pia & I love the recycled packaging. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin' x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous card! Thank you for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Pia, I love how you've used Simon's stamps and the Ikea star is the perfect finishing touch.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Patriotic challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!