Tuesday 9 July 2019

Donation Cards | Easy Simple Cards using Paper Strips | Danish Operation Write Home |

Lots of pictures and cards - so don't say I didn't warn you. 

I help out the Danish organisation "Operation Skriv Hjem" which is the Danish equvilant to the American Operation Write Home.

I help with creating inspiration cards for their blog, with the monthly Christmas card inspiration on the 24th and I also make cards for donation. This blogpost is about a bunch of donation cards I made with lots of paper scraps.

Enjoy :)

A combination of black/yellow/orange scraps.
The danish sentiment means "with love".


Here I have prepared some piles of paper strips which I have tried to colour match.

And above a pic of some of the finished cards which was created out of old bits and pieces.

I had a little scrap party going with myself while making all of these cards :) 
Hubby was not home so I had the home office to myself - wuhuu - loud music, a glass of white wine and this! A floedebolle from Spangsberg! Yum, yum!

A few more close up's - here the Danish sentiment means "Hugs & Hugs".

One more with the same sentiment but in different colour scheme.

This sentiment needs no translation :)

And lastly - one more with the sentiment "With love".

When making cards for deployed soldiers there are quite a few things to bear in mind. Below I have just listed a few of the most important ones:

# No glitter! At least not glitter which can rub off on their hands and skin. A little piece of glitter might make them visible in a snipers sight.
# No sentiment with "can't wait to see you" or something similar. It does unfortunately happen that our soldiers don't make it home. 
# No splatter or mist on the cards. It can look too much like blood splatter, so not a good idea.
# Not too many layers. The cards must first be sent out to the deployeed soldiers and then back again. Therefore "slim" cards are much better for such postal endevours.

If you are not already donating some of your handmade cards I highly recommend you to try and find out what possibilities you have in your community. 

Happy summer,
Pia

Puppy pic of the day:


If you are interested in the supplies I've used - they're listed below.
Click on the letters below the thumblink images to find where to shop: Hobbyboden.dk (HB), Simon Says Stamp (SSS), Original brand/manufacturer (OB) or other etc. This is a kind service to you as I do not earn anything by doing this. These are not affiliated links.

4CC White A4 Cardstock 250 gm2, 200 sheets
4CC White A4 Cardstock 250 gm2, 200 sheets
Shop at:
MISC
MISTI PRECISION STAMPER Stamping Tool
MISTI PRECISION STAMPER Stamping Tool
Shop at:
HB | SSS
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner
Lawn Fawn STAMP SHAMMY Cleaner
Shop at:
HB | SSS | OB
Gitte's Eget Design KÆRLIGE KRUSEDULLER clear stamp
Gitte's Eget Design KÆRLIGE KRUSEDULLER clear stamp
Shop at:
HB
Three Scoops KRAM clear stamps
Three Scoops KRAM clear stamps
Shop at:
OB
Versafine ONYX BLACK Pigment Ink
Versafine ONYX BLACK Pigment Ink
Shop at:
HB | SSS
Double sided tape 6mm (6x50m)
Double sided tape 6mm (6x50m)
Shop at:
HB | MISC
My Stick Permanent tape runner
My Stick Permanent tape runner
Shop at:
OB | MISC
Tim Holtz Tonic GUILLOTINE COMFORT PAPER TRIMMER
Tim Holtz Tonic GUILLOTINE COMFORT PAPER TRIMMER
Shop at:
HB | SSS
Martha Stewart Bone Folder
Martha Stewart Bone Folder
Shop at:
MISC

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I truly appreciate you taking your time to do it. Thank you!